Wednesday, October 6, 2010

International Transport Vol. 1: Slowly Summoning the Motivation to Kill Yourself Quickly

Two things have happened to me recently.  I've moved to Japan, and my interest in music has returned to just about the highest level since I was an undergrad.  I think it's the removal of the pressure of school - I can actually have feelings again.  So, in celebration of my return to the world of semi-normalcy, I'm planning on putting together occasional mixes - specifically, for the purpose of showcasing Western underground music to my Japanese friends, and in turn, Japanese music to my Western friends. The first one runs from West to East . . . or actually, from East to . . . wow, these geographical labels really don't work well.  Anyway, it's a collection of dubstep, electro-pop, and fuzzy post-soul, all of it cold, melancholy, or some combination of the two.

In Japanese, very roughly:国際通商、第一目:自殺教育

Minds Like Knives, International Transport Volume 1

Tracklist次に。





 Artist
Song
Album
How to Dress Well
Ready for The World
Love Remains
Forest Swords
Glory Gongs
Dagger Paths
Burial
Etched Headplate
Untrue
Nite Jewel
What Did He Say
Good Evening
Scientist
The Corpse Rises
Scientist Rids the World of Zombies
Scorn
Stripped Back Hinge
stealth
Holy Other
Yr love

Fever Ray
When I Grow Up
Fever Ray
Chromatics
Circled Sun
Night Drive
James Blake
I Only Know (What I Know Now)
Klavierwerke EP
Colleen
Everyone Alive Wants Answers
Everyone Alive Wants Answers
Grouper
Heavy Water/I’d Rather Be Sleeping
Dragging A Dead Deer Up a Hill

No comments: