Sunday, February 7, 2010

Whaaaaaat! File sharing still exists like it's 1999.

I just got an invite to a closed-membership music torrents site that shall remain nameless.  I've only just started poking around, but I'm already blown away by the depth of what people are offering.  I worked for a website called Audiogalaxy in the 2000-2002 timeframe, and I've often sorely lamented the sites passing (and not just because I was out of a sick job).  The beauty of Audiogalaxy is that it both provided instant access to a stunning array of music, and provided links between similar artists, message boards, and other ways to discover new music.  The instant gratification was just amazing.  This new secret Fight Club-style underground site has something like that, or at least a little bit of it.  I'm thinking this is going to be a big year for my music consumption.

No comments: